Here's the scoop
I’ve always been interested in art and design. Until the web, that work needed a lot of resources and it was difficult sharing the results. Now, with just a computer and a little inspiration, I can display my passion to the world, one front end at a time.
Master of ArtsNew York Institute of Technology
As featured on
For the love of it
Have you ever wanted the weather to notify you when it was going to change instead of checking the weather every day? This is a service that provides an RSS feed of weather for your geolocation. Because it’s a feed, you can use any type of RSS feed ingestion service to get the updates. You can even set up notifications using IFTTT or Zapier.
- Integrated with the darksky.io API and made requests efficient by reusing locations and weather data; ultimately reducing cost.
- Built real-time custom reports to monitor the number of feeds and location represented at each.
Passion meets necessity
itemizeFront End Web Application Developer
This company’s focus was originally on taking paper and digital receipts and converting the file into structured data that can be sorted, filtered and exported into other systems. My focus was primarily creating an intuitive and attractive interface but expanded into handling the overall look and feel of the company’s products and image.
- Collaborated with back end engineers to integrate with OAuth 1.0, 1.0a and 2.0 to begin two way communication with other sites.
- Developed and documented feature specifications to scale the application for current and upcoming client needs.
New York Institute of TechnologyAdjunct Professor, Live Event Production
A new curriculum was developed that harnesses the power of social journalism. The goal was to include students, teachers and others outside of the institution by submitting on-location video reports to the channel. The class would then aggregate those reports into a live news show. My experience in live event production was instrumental in the development of this program, between my talent management and audio / visual technical skills.
- Coordinated with the existing department faculty to create a course outline and syllabus to provide the best learning experience for passionate students.
- Coached talent and floor staff on best practices and problem solving techniques; focusing on live production issues and concerns to prepare the highest quality airing.
- Maintained the production environments and equipment, ensuring that the necessary tools were ready for use at a moment’s notice while others are flagged for repair in a timely manner.
United Parcel ServiceInvestigator
I began working as a part-time data entry clerk but my career escalated quickly into investigations. Having my own office and being responsible for all of Manhattan’s security related events in my mid-twenties was an incredible experience. I ended up finding my niche by gravitating to the technologies and became an expert on internal systems; tracking, accounts, payroll, etc for use in investigations.
- Invoked an unprecedented conviction for check fraud with resulted in a jail time sentence for the accused using system data from numerous sources.
- Presented the seasonal helper security training for all new hires each year which includes 1-on-1 follow-up with most help needed employees.
- Maintained district and region level security systems and interfaced with other security personnel from around the United States in an effort to close investigations quickly and accurately.